Westgate Parent Association – Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Westgate Mennonite Collegiate
Heidi G., Jodi L., James F. (Staff Rep), Rachel F., Andrew K., Zoe R., Norinne D.
- Welcome – Heidi welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2.0 Approval of the Minutes
- Andrew moved that the June 5, 2018 minutes be accepted; Seconded – Jodi. Approved and carried.
- Approval of the Agenda
- Jodi moved that the June 12, 2019 agenda be accepted; Seconded – Andrew. Approved and carried.
- Staff Rep – James F.
- Alternative Education Week – Car trunk camping changed to hiking trip in Riding Mountain. Urban Rec was also ramped up. Junior trips have elements of the senior trips – biking, hiking, canoeing.
- Wilma J. retiring; Sarah J. leaving for another position; Kevin K. new PhysEd/German teacher.
- Total enrollment for 2019/20 = 300. Breakdown by grade:
- Grade 6: 13
- Grade 7: 38
- Grade 8: 36
- Grade 9: 54
- Grade 10: 57
- Grade 11: 47
- Grade 12: 55
- Financial – Andrew K.
- Current balance – $10859. After wishlist items are purchased will be left with roughly $4000.
- Move wishlists earlier next year so staff members can purchase and use their items before end of the school year.
- Paid $15247 towards wishlists in 2018/19 school year.
- Will keep them the same as last year – perogies/sausage, Sobey’s/Co-op gift cards, fruit.
- Will add a nursery as a gift card option along with Sobey’s/Co-op (Jensen’s Nursery/Schreimers/La Coste – nurseries from two areas in cities) – 25% profit
- Note for next year: Perogies/Sausage pick-up day on Instagram/Facebook as a reminder
6.0 Staff Wish Lists
- Two times during the year – November/March
- Move Spring wishlists up a month so that money is spent/item is used by end of school year.
7.0 Election of Executive
- The Executive Slate presented as follows:
- Chair: Norinne D.
- Vice-Chair: Jodi L.
- Treasurer: Andrew K.
- Secretary: Rachel F.
- Zoe moved to elect the Westgate Parent Association Executive Slate for the 2019-20 school year; Seconded – Heidi. Approved and carried.
8.0 Approval of Volunteers and Church Reps
- Jodi moved to approve the slate of volunteers and church reps for the 2019-20 school year; Seconded – Andrew. Approved and carried.
- Additions to list – Grade Reps: Zoe R. (grade 7); Glenda F. (grade 9).
- Only vacancy for grade reps is Grade 6.
- Opening program – need to replace Norinne. Will ask Rhea M.S. – she helped last year.
- Fruit fundraiser – find someone or handle it as an executive. Reminders for next year:
- Bring dollys to help bring boxes to cars.
- Match paper form same as online form for easier sorting/filling of orders.
- Note: No grade events in June – poor attendance at Grade 11 held June 9.
9.0 Overview of P.A. events in September
- Opening program
- Uniform sale – P.A. is not involved.
- New parent evening dinner – Same evening as open house/meet the teacher.
- Meeting adjourned at 8pm
- Next meeting: September 17, 2019 @ 7:30