Westgate Parent Association Meeting
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Present: Norinne D. (Chair), Jodi L., Rachel F., Andrew K., James F. (Staff Rep), Jason G., Zilla J.
- Welcome and introductions around the table.
2.0 Approval of the Minutes
- Norinne moved that the October 8, 2019 minutes be accepted; Seconded – Jodi. Approved and carried.
3.0 Approval of the Agenda
- Norinne moved that the November 12, 2019 agenda be accepted; Seconded – Jodi. Approved and carried.
4.1 Chair/Vice Chair Report (Norinne D./Jodi L.)
- Trying to find church reps for Bethel, Charleswood, Springfield Heights, Jubilee. Will send next fundraiser to church to place into bulletin.
- Heidi did submit PA report to the board for upcoming AGM
4.2 Treasurer Report
- Approximately $25,700 in account – but have not paid for any perogy/farmer sausage supplies.
- Usually keep $5000 balance in account.
- Roughly $7000 for wish lists.
4.3 Staff Representative report (James F.)
- Greg’s last day will be end of November.
- Talking quite a bit about cell phones lately – balance rules vs functionality. It is an ongoing conversation between teachers, administration and students.
5.0 Ongoing Business
5.1 Grade Events
- Grade 12 – October 27th – corn maze – 8 families attended.
- Grade 9 – November 9th – mini golf – recap to come.
- Grade 6 – January – Trina A. (new grade rep)
5.2 Perogy/Sausage Fundraiser
- $4877 profit – Down compared to the last couple of years.
- Delivery Thursday, Nov 14 around noon – everything organized by 3pm.
5.3 Staff wish lists
- Jodi moved that the wish lists requests are approved as follows; Seconded – Rachel. Approved and carried.
- Cafeteria tables – split three ways with senior and junior councils – $1690
- Viola – $700
- Mice – half of requested funding – $470
- Shorts – $336
- Pottery wheel – half of requested funding – $1200
- Staffroom carpet – no funding allocated
- Library book ends – no funding allocated
- IT stand-up desk – no funding allocated
5.4 Gift card fundraiser
- Sobey’s/Co-op/Jensen Nursery
- Orders due by November 27th; Cards picked up Dec 10th
- Will include order form with all perogy/farmer sausage pick-ups.
6.0 Upcoming and New Business
6.1 New business
- Fundraising booklets – not able to run another fundraiser as we are capped at three for the year. Norinne will decline this offer.
- Tabled for January meeting – parent spreadsheet information.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:40pm.
- Next party/meeting – December 7th @ 7:30 @ Andrew K.
- Next meeting: January 14 – 7:30pm @ Westgate.